Thursday, February 07, 2008

The Cirlce of Influence!

"Go to work inside your own Circle of Influence so that your moral authority is developed and expanded and you have credibility. Courageously take initiatives to make good things happen".
I almost finished reading a book that has changed my life. Actually, it has turned it upside down before my leaving to Hajj.As a result of me holding it wherever I go and talking about its content, 3 of my friends' lives have changed! It was only by coincidence that I picked it up from the British Council three months ago. Stephen Covey’s'"The 8th Habit: From Effectiveness to Greatness".Later,wrapped up in an elegant box, a friend gave me another gift:"The 7 Habbits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change” ( it did work with me!)
In addition to the rich content, there are these words one misses, because of neither having time( our favorite excuse!) nor good quality to read. To be armed with patience, and persistence, is what needed most these days. I have learned now that one must keep going on, no matter the obstacles that could hinder traveling on a safe, colorful path. One should " keep investing in (his) personal and professional development" and you can have this "sense of security, not from your job or the patronage of other people; it comes from your ability to meet needs and solve problems...Become a light, not a judge, become a model, not a critic."

No comments: